Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Spoilers and Sickness

No April Fool's joke here today folks. I'm too tired to put effort into doing anything for it really. So read on, assured that there's no tricksies awaiting you.

Well, the kids once again prove to be a germ farm and magnet, which I cannot avoid. I NEVER got sick before I had kids, now I get it often. Scott was sick on Saturday and puked three times, then seemed okay. Sunday night, the wife had a bad stomach ache and vomited all night. I woke up Monday morning with hardcore bad stomach problems but luckily never upchucked. I hate doing that! I woke baby James up and found out he vomited in his crib during the night and it reeeeeeeked! I had to change all his sheets, obviously. So I tried to run things around here as normal, but I was in pain most of the day with it and then it developed into full on flu like symptoms. I was shaking, sweating, sore, achey all over. I tried to get as much sleep as I could and downed the Advil. Today I am feeling about 75% better and good enough to get things back to normal around here. I gotta clean the house a bit and then get Mayhem to the printer. I wanted to get it there by Friday but I was waiting on a page from one of my artists and then the kids and I got sick. Today: Back on the horse.

I wanted to touch on something right quick about "Spoilers." After the Walking Dead season finale, I saw people complaining on social media about spoilers and people posting spoilers. Here's the thing folks...

Its 2014. We live in a very NEWS NOW society and social graces is severely lacking. And you cannot change it. You cannot fix people from not being the most tactful to respect people who haven't watched a TV show or movie as quickly as you did. So I propose this bit of logic: when you know there's a major event coming up (TV, MOVIE, etc) and you aren't able to see it the time of its first appearance, avoid social media. Just avoid it. You don't NEED to log on anyway. Just avoid it til you see it and then come on and talk with like minded people about it. Yes, I label it as YOUR fault. You didn't realize that its 2014 and we are in the GOTTA HAVE IT NOW world. Also: If you have friends in your list that are repeat offenders of posting spoilers, maybe block their feed or delete them as a "friend." There are plenty of ways to avoid spoilers and I think you have no right to complain about it. Its like if you were on a diet and you purposely walk into a Mcds to smell the food and the temptation to order a 20 piece and fries is too great for you. YOU WALKED IN!!! So quit blaming others for spoilers. Take charge of your feed. Just some friendly advice because I tire of people complaining about spoilers. I wouldn't go on and start dropping spoilers to be an ass, but people do. Realize thats the world we live in and adjust accordingly.

The wife is going on vacation this week and I am looking forward to her going on kid duty for some of it so I can get some work done. Also my oldest son is coming to visit and thats always a good time. Lots going on the next two weeks. YAY!

Anyway, peace and love, have a good week, and cheers! T

No comments: