Saturday, July 05, 2014

New Pink Floyd Album?????

Holy crap. HUGE NEWS in music for me. For those that know me, I am a MASSIVE Pink Floyd fan. Of course, being so comes with a lot of heart ache. There's various histories and breaks with the band and many incarnations of the band. But effectively the band ended after the 1994 tour for their last album, "THE DIVISION BELL." A great album btw. Even better, in 2005 they buried the hatchet with their old main songwriter Roger Waters and played Live 8... the first time they all shared the stage since 1981. It was a Floyd fan's dream come true. but in 2008, the dreams of a potential longform reunion, or any new material ended for good with the death of Keyboardist Rick Wright. I did go see Roger Waters perform THE WALL (my fav. album) in 2010. I also saw him in 1999. But I would have to be content with just solo material from the gang. As far as we knew, David Gilmour (my guitar idol) was working on a new solo record. Well, his wife dropped the bomb today that it is not a solo Cd, but a NEW FLOYD ALBUM!!! Don't believe me? News is HERE

To add to that, backup singers confirm it and tweet a pic of singing being done for the album:






Of course, nothing is "officially" confirmed, but it seems the cat has slipped a bit out of the bag. And since it was David's wife that jumped the gun, we have to assume that he gave her a wink to do the say so. Apparently reports say that its title is "THE ENDLESS RIVER" and will have unreleased Rick Wright material on it. Supposedly they are working on demos and stuff recorded during The Division Bell sessions. No word if Roger is on board but it he was I'd be A-Surprised as holy fuck and B-exploding with excitement. That would be the ultimate coup. but for now its a dream. But hey, if you told me yesterday that there was a new Floyd album in the works, I wouldn't have believed you.

Its weird. I took a break from Floyd for a while until recently. I put a mix on my ipod to work out to and I even attained a couple of the old trippy albums I was missing from my collection. I was enjoying them even today before I read the news. Also two days ago I watched an A&E Bio on Floyd which didn't tell me anything new, but it was fun to watch. My love of Floyd has always been there and I'm glad to see it rewarded with the potential news of a new recording!

Likely, this will be just reworked demos from the Division Bell and it will be nice to have. I highly, HIGHLY doubt this is a lead up to a new tour and Roger's involvement. But if it did, I don't care the cost. I don't care what I have to do, I am going. 10000000000000000000000000% going. I missed seeing them in 1994 like an idiot. I've regretted that ever since.

But hey, if this is indeed true, I am grateful for one last ride on the Floyd train. Fuckin A!!!

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

No comments: