Thursday, July 24, 2014

SDCC Finds So Far...

I went to San Diego Comic Con only once in 2009. It was a very memorable trip for me. I got to see lots of my friends, make new ones, drink next to Uhura, buy exclusives, work the Antarctic Press booth for a while and even concieved a new character and comic in the hotel room one of those nights! Yes, my graphic novel ANNA POCALYPSE was outlined and sketched there. So the trip was quite fun and I've always wanted to go back. Its not a good "business" show for me to set up at or anything, but just a fun spectacle to behold and be at. Each year since 2009 they've had major surprises and goings on that make me mad that I didn't get the cash together to go back yet. Last year was the big BREAKING BAD stuff, which especially hurt.

Each year, I watch on FB, Twitter and other news sites of all the news, pics and fun all my pals are having there. I also read up on the news, pics of the show floor and exclusives. Its only Thursday so some of the big nut news going on out there right now still hasn't dropped yet. But so far I am digging the pics of some of the upcoming toys and things.....


Especially exciting is the new Ghostbusters figures. I missed out on the first Matty Collector run and now they are on ebay for stupid money. But these are essentially the same figures, but the packs can be removed. AWESOME! I Gotta jump on these this time. And yes, I will buy two of each. 


I'm a BIG fan of the Batman animated 90's series. And they are producing figures for the set. I'll get a few of them, I am sure. For sure a Batman, Joker and Riddler. 


Finally, FINALLY, the announced and showed packaging for the upcoming Batman 1960's tv show Blu-Ray box set. Its never been released on home video before, so everyone is anxious for it. The price is a tad high right now, but I'm sure it will go down in time.

Its early yet and I am sure some major happenings will be going down this weekend at Comic Con. I know all my pals are having a good time. It is my definate hope to join them there next year. Since I recently scored a new day job, I'm making it a personal goal to pay off all bills and then save up to go to the show and have fun. Its an expensive one, sure... but one that is well worth checking out at least once in your life. There's arguements all over the place how the movie studios have taken it over and its not "comic" con anymore. But Fuck it. Its more a big celebration of all things nerd pop culture and there's about 150,000 people there that all are into the same shit as you. And EVERYONE goes. So make your plans to try it once as well!

T

No comments: