Wednesday, August 06, 2014

My Dream Home

This is the most unrelated to comics, music or anything blog I have wrote on here in a while. Its about my own dreams and desires of owning a home. For years I've been against the idea. To think to have to pay taxes, do yardwork, etc... just NEVER appealed to me. But the reality of paying a rediculous amount in rent over the years and nothing to show for it kind of bugs me. It would be ideal to have to some place to call my own, and something to leave the kids when I go. Plus, I've always dreamed of building my own little private "Xanadu" that I'd never leave because it was so awesome there.

Renting sucks. You cannot renovate or paint things how you want. It sort of never feels like "home." Well, the wife and I decided a couple years ago that owning a home would be a great goal to have. And ever since I became addicted to house hunting shows on tv and looking up home decorating ideas.

Admittedly, a lot of the pics and plans I see never have my style in mind. But every now and then I see some idea for home decoration that really jazzes me up. I thought I'd share some of the pics I keep in a special folder that I hope to possibly one day implement in a home of my own. My DREAM HOME, if you like.

I LOVE this bedroom. Really makes you feel saucy, eh? I don't know if its right for me, but I love the velvets and darker tones. Thats a place where I could get some business done! I love color combos of red/blacks or blacks/purples/pinks... as you'll see as we move on.

This is an ideal office for making funny books and writing. All nicely organized and a black/white scheme to fit with "comics." Original art on the wall. Artbooks everywhere and a nice sturdy table to work on. Peaceful.

As I said I LOVE Purples/blacks. Silvers go good with it too. I love this room!

More of it. Tell me that velvet wallpaper isn't super dope as fuck!

In my dream home, I want a big livable basement. I'd love a media room of sorts, with game tables, pinball and a couple standup arcade games. Maybe a jukebox. Some place I'd never want to leave. Obviously me being a hardcore old school gamer, that would have to represent too. I could paint one wall something like this. That would be awesome!

This is perfect! HUGE couch, a bar to set up and watch the game at. I'd watch EVERYTHING here.

More traditional, but I love the idea of this book reading spot. Maybe some place to take a nap or daydream.

One major part of a potential home is how to display my collectibles. This person has the right idea! (I'm soooooo jealous of some of this person's aquirements!)

Another bedroom with the same colors I dig. Dig that satin and velvet on the bed! I'd never get out of bed.

A great idea for a gaming table to bring friends over to enjoy the game while we play poker or Cards Against Humanity. Or D&D or a classic board game with the family. That would be great! Again, love the purple!

This bedroom would NEVER happen in a million years for me but still I think its the most beautiful thing ever. I'd be scared that the glass would crack in the night. Haven't people seen Jaws 3???? Also, you'd be doing the nasty and look over and a fish would be watching you. That would be weird.

Lastly another living room idea. If I had a castle, I'd sooooo do this. I like the purple/grey tones to the book case. Really a neat idea.

No comments: