Sunday, August 17, 2014

New Store Signing and a Busy Week

Hey all, guess what? I'm getting out of my nerd cave for a day and doing a store signing! There is a new comic shop in west Lansing, Michigan called RED FOX COMICS. 723 Brookside Drive
Lansing, MI 48917. I will be there on Saturday Aug. 30th from 11-4pm or so.


I will be selling my books, prints, cards, art and doing free sketches for kids the whole time. I'm excited to get out of the house for once and help a new comic shop open up to some potential new customers. Help spread the word and come on out on Saturday. I hope to have a fun time with some nice amount of traffic at the event. Details on the comic shop, hit their website right HERE

____

I finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night in the theater. I never go to the movies for a variety of reasons but I am glad I saw the flick. Good fun. I honestly knew nothing about the characters or the comics going in, so I really had to expectations for it. But it was good fun and I'd recommend checking it out. But I think next time I do hit the movies, I'm going to wait until week three or four... because all the stigmas that happened with me going to the movies happened and it crowded my experience a bit. Last flick I saw in the theater before this was Man of Steel. Yeah, thats how frequently I go to the movies. Cause people just seem to be getting increasingly rude to other patrons in public. And movies are such a religious experience for me, that I never want my experience tainted, like it sort of was last night. But oh well. At least the flick made up for it.

____

I got another four shift week at the night job so it will be quite busy. I'm falling behind on doing these Marvel Sketch Cards. However I did scan all the Starslam art and digitally clean up the lines and spots here and there. I hope to toss colors on soon. The wife starts a new job on sept 8th and she will be gone out of town most of the time, Monday-Friday for six weeks. Scotty will be back in school, so my days will be free and my nights will be boring. And when I am bored, I get work done. So I plan to really get productive so I am not concentrating on missing my wife while she's gone. And then on weekends, she'll be back and I'll be working. It will be a juggle, but worth it when its all over. But when is life not a juggle?

The good news is we are catching up with bills and shit is finally getting paid. Just a bit more hard work and we'll be back to where we were before this year began. Then we can start tackling the big picture. The big goals! Those are the days worth living for.

So anyway, make some plans to be in Lansing on August 30th. I'll be at Red Fox Comics, next to Kohls, Kroger and the Outback Steakhouse. Its gonna be great!

Cheers, T

No comments: