Friday, August 22, 2014

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey - FALL plans

Oh boy folks! Its almost time! Tomorrow Doctor Who returns after a looooong 9 month wait to see how Peter Capaldi does in the role as the 12th (13th?) Doctor. I am very excited to see how they are going to run the show. Obviously the dynamic between Doctor and companion will be greatly different now. I'm sure there will be a lot less flirting and more darker, cerebral tones with this new guy. Its always weird when a new Doctor comes along because it takes a while to warm up to him but after a time, he turns out as awesome as all the others. They put their own spin on it. Sure there have been a couple that many would cite as their "least favorite," but still, they had good stuff going on. Doctor Who always does.

I spent some time this week to watch more Tom Baker episodes like, "Planet of Evil," "Brain of Morbuis" and "City of Death." I'm really digging on Baker right now. He and Tennant are my favorites by far. I think I'm not alone in that however. I also love Troughton and Eccleston. Its ALL really good. No complaints on any of it from me!

Also coming up is WALKING DEAD. I am completely enjoying what they are doing with the series. I really look at the comic and the TV show as two seperate things now and I'm glad for that. I'm excited to see whats next.

And of course, football season has begun. Tonight I watched another Lions' pre-season game. I'm getting excited for the season. New players, new coach. We'll see!

I'm making it my goal to watch something new every week. This week I finished off my great M*A*S*H marathon of watching the series all the way through. I never have done that before. I also actually went out to the movies and saw GUARDAINS OF THE GALAXY, which I will give a B+. I have a bunch of stuff I keep putting off on my netflix cue. Time to commit to watching it. Soon the wife will be gone for six weeks, so I will be quite lonely. I plan to watch and keep up with some of the shit on my Netflix list. Been delaying shit too damn long.

I also plan to get some work done in the next 7 weeks. Scott goes back to school in 10 days and that means I can get some rhythm going at home as far as creating stuff during the day. We'll see how it rolls. But he'll be in classes from 7:30-4pm. Everything is going to be a bit of a juggle with her gone. But I intend to make the best of it. When she gets back, she starts her new job. More money, waaaaaaaay more opportunity. Its quite exciting. If everything works out, all our goals shall be achieved within 2-4 years. I will have no worries by the time I am 40. That would be goddamn awesome! I've been scraping by barely all my life. Glad shit will finally pay off for us. I'm proud of her and her hard work. She's also dropped 72 pounds and is training for a 5k. AMAZING! I really lucked out by finding her, and she puts up with me!

Anyway, I'm going to hit the bed early and get good sleep tonight. Tomorrow is another day and shit is getting brighter and brighter for my life. Glad to finally see things on the mend. Lets hope this upward trend keeps on chugging along!

Cheers, T


No comments: