Wednesday, September 03, 2014

AVGN Interview is Live!

Hey folks! My ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD interview with Kevin Finn and James Rolfe (The "Nerd") is up and live! Check out the audio right HERE - and check out the write up at Bigfanboy.com right HERE - Thanks to Kevin and James for the interview, thanks to Jasmine the PR Rep for setting it all up and mega-thanks to Mark Walters of Bigfanboy.com for letting me do it. It was a great thrill to talk to those guys. I am a massive AVGN fan and have been for years. It was a nice thing for me to do.

I've seen the flick and gave a review on my IDIOTHEAD MORNING SHOW PODCAST. Overall, I'd say for a fan funded film, it was really a treat. The boys have definitely grown as filmmakers and they should be damn proud. If I had any criticism, I'd say that the flick could have been trimmed by about 20-25 minutes and the flow woulda been a bit smoother. Some scenes coulda done with maybe another take or two. But I know the shoot itself was a plagued one and I'm sure they recognize some of the things they wish they coulda had time to get to. The effects are Troma-style with a modern flair and done with loving care. The film looks professionally shot and its filled with all sorts of AVGN world related cameos and fun bits. There's tons to take in. Overall, I'd give the film a solid B, but an astounding A+++++ for the guys' herculean efforts to take a completely fan-funded script and delivering a great looking product. A lot of history and love went into this flick and everyone should see it. You can rent or buy it on VOD right HERE

______________________

In other news, a couple days before football season begins, my beloved 42" TV shit the bed. Here's a pic of the day we got it:

From this blog - Dec. 2007
It was an INSIGNIA, so a generic Best Buy brand. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long! We got a 25" we moved from the bedroom to the Living room so I won't miss a game. But still, kinda sucks. We'll get a new one for Xmas I am sure. Just gotta get some bills out of the way. Just sucks cause last week we had a surprise $600 car repair too. We're strapped as it is! UGH! Oh well. 2014 has been a shitty year for us, why not add to the pile eh? I'm afraid to go around the corner. Jesus whats next! HA! Ya gotta laugh after a while, I swear.

(EDIT -- Its funny, and to tie it into AVGN a bit... it died in the middle of my son and I playing NES "JAWS" on the Retron 3 with it! Like the game was so shitty, it broke my damn TV!)

It ain't all bad right now. The wife starts orientation for her new job today. We budgeted her new job's income and we got a financial plan to get back to where we were at the beginning of the year before all these medical bills and unfortunate set backs nailed us down a bit. By January or so, we'll be back to normal somewhat. My night job helps too. I haven't taken on any commissions really, due to my self-imposed break, but thats fine. I've accepted minor gigs here and there, but nothing big. I'm not really out there looking like I used to.

Scott started Kindergarten yesterday and seems to be enjoying it. I gotta go out today and get him some new jeans. He's grown out of the ones we bought this year already! Growth spurt I guess. James is talking up a lot! Its great to see his progress! During his nap time today, I plan to get back to work now that I will get a daily rhythm. I cleaned up my office last night and recorded a ton of new podcasts I've been writing material for. I'm crossing minor things off my TO DO list, and thats great!! So its hard to get down about things like a car repair or a broken TV when so much else seems to be going right. I'm damn lucky! I don't have to worry about things like finding clean drinking water or anything, so my "problems" seem real goddamn minor in perspective.

Anyway, we're rockin' and rollin.' Check out the AVGN interviews I posted above and buy the movie VOD or on Blu-ray when it comes out. Support indie talent! Believe me, and I can relate, indie folks appreciate the support!

Have a good week, Peace and Love!! --- T

2 comments:

Rob Hawkins said...

Ack! And I bought my Insignia TV on your recommendation! :) If they oly have a 7 year lifespan, that means mine should last until about 2018. Here's hoping it lasts that long. (fuggin' planned obsolescence...)

Phymns said...

I think when I bought it, it was around $1100-1500. But now you can buy them way cheaper. It was a good tv, but they aren't built to last like the old tube tvs I guess. The new plasma screens gotta be good. We'll see. Maybe I'll go 4K. I dunno. I'd get an Insignia again.... IF they still make em! Been a while since I TV shopped!