Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Lonely Week pt 1

Well the wife started training in Detroit for the new job, meaning she is gone there Mon-Friday. She's staying with her parents near there. They are very thrilled to have her. So much so, they installed cable in the second bedroom so she could watch TV! I guess after 15 years alone, they took some joy in having their daughter come back for a bit. Its only for 6 weeks, but I am glad they are spending time together. Meanwhile, I'm an hour and a half West, keeping the house together. I get Scott on the bus, play with James, do house errands and work and do Scotts homework with him when he returns. I get the kids to bed and then fight sleep to get work done.

Actually I am behind on a card set that is due on Monday. I should be working on it now but I am avoiding it by posting a blog. Aren't you lucky? :)

I watched Football on our bedroom TV (now in the living room... grrrrr...don't get me started) and watched some nice surprise upsets. Then the Lions played on Monday, kicking ass. They look really good and Stafford is looking quite mature and comfortable in his QB position. I hope it stays that way.

Today at the Iphone announcement, they dropped the major bomb, a surprise U2 album!


I've given it three listens and already reviewed it on the Morning Show Podcast if you care to know. Its a solid album and I like it better than the last one from 2009. Evidence leads me to believe there is more music to come, and this is part one of a two part album series from them. We'll see. Its just great to get a nice surprise of new music from my favorite bands this year. From U2 to the upcoming Pink Floyd. Its a bad year for me personally, but a GREAT year for my music!! 

Other things on my radar is the upcoming Amanda Fucking Palmer book, The Art of Asking.


I love her music and her blog/social media posts. And I was inspired by her continued success with crowd funding. All creative fields are sort of in flux with today's technology. And I know she's passionate about finding ways to LET PEOPLE fund her work. I look forward to reading this to maybe get some ideas myself. I sure could use them to find a larger reach. Once I get my personal ducks in a row, I need to start to tackle the mountain of delayed workload before me. And when I do, I need to find ways to ensure that I can get it out to people and make the most I can off of it. Because creation is not just my life blood, it is my job. And a Job has to bring something in to keep it afloat. I've done okay, but I know I can do better. The passion is there, but I need to refine the approach to business. I'll get on that soon. But first, more important things like Health, Finances and Family take first dibs.

And I gotta keep working on this shit because this week I accepted three more sketch card gigs. Big sets, BIG properties. Huge. Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in! Thats okay. It all goes to the big melting pot of experience, funds and (most importantly) fun!!

 Tomorrow is my son James T's 2nd bday. We plan to celebrate probably Saturday by taking the kids out to a bouncy playground called "Jumping Jacks." Should be neat. He's doing great. Lots of interactivity and talking. And Scott is reaching out with me and doing actual homework! He's improving too. Its great to see. I'm proud of both of them.

Anyway, I guess I'm burnin' daylight here. I gotta get these sketch cards done and out the door or else my editor will slice my balls off. Off to look up more Marvel reference I go!

Cheers, T


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

T

Anonymous said...

Your family is moving into a new & excited time. Through short term challenges will provide long term rewards. For instance, the reward we get from you guys being in our lives. You have the strength. Baby steps forward each day.

Phymns said...

thanks, whoever you are! Cheers!