Monday, September 15, 2014

Lonely Week pt 2 (Getting Back in Gear)

Hey folks. So begins week #2 of the wife being gone and I'm the main man in the house. I've spent most of my weekend working the day job, sleeping when I can and taking care of poor little Scotty, who battled the flu. I had a bad stomach virus on Friday/Saturday as well. I also spent times keeping the house clean, and cleaning up surprise messes like this:


Yeah, some laundry detergent spilled. Great!

I'm getting excited for the holiday season. So much so that I already decorated the house a bit for Halloween. James helped out too...


I forgot to mention that I did a show flyer for my pal Corey's band NAGAZI. You can see them at Rubbles in Mt. Pleasant coming up this Sept. 20th. 


But finally after weeks and weeks of domestic bliss, I am getting back into the swing of production. No more am I doing minor things about once a week. I am kinda getting back into a groove. It feels nice. This week I dropped some flat colors on Starslam for the eventual Kickstarter. No timetable on that, but its coming. I gotta say, I re-looked over the pages and it really came together quite nicely. I'm very proud of the story! So I got about 70 pages to color there and then recolor the first 70 pages. Then letter the last 70 and its all done after formatting. So, its by no means done. But on its way.

I've also been able to do some sketch cards here and there. I showed some of my Return of the Jedi 30th Anniversary card set cards a while back but I didn't show off the prop close ups of the cut outs of Ewok fur and Jabba's Sail Barge pieces I got to draw on. Here ya go:



I finished one MARVEL CARD set last week. (sorry I cannot show pics of those yet) And this week, I got my next assignment...


Spoilers of things to come!!!

Anyway, I'm on another Star Wars set, then two more Marvel Sets after that. I signed all the contracts today in fact. We're rolling. So HOPEFULLY somewhere in there, I can keep up with my shit too. I'll likely do some days on cards, some on writing, some on coloring. The next three months I hope are filled with HEAVY PRODUCTION out of me. And we'll see what I emerge with come January. I've got no shows till next summer most likely, so the focus is all on getting my shit done and off my TO DO list... which is massive and intimidating. I also have minor plans for side projects/books to do in-between all of this. I like a lot of pots on my stove, folks. I think with as crazy as 2014 has been for me personally, you'll see an immediate explosion from me in 2015. Sexy time explosion. Lets hope I can emerge triumphant.

Lately, I have begun to feel like my old self again. Reconnecting. Making new plans. Taking care of shitty business. And while life keeps throwing more shit my way, more bills and surprise expenses...etc, I yell back loud at the universe to say I'm still standing here. Keep throwing it at me. Give me what you got!!! You can't take me down, fuckers!

Anyway, no timetable. No limitations. No grand promises. Lets just get to work.

Cheers, T

No comments: