Sunday, October 12, 2014

Announcement: I'M BACK!






Today is a great day. As you might recall a couple months back I announced a big "time out" from all activities with my stuff. I ceased all commission and freelance work and I took some time to sort out some issues (personal and professional) that needed to be addressed. I was in a bad place and it still isn't 100%. But after a few months of a break and realizing that I did still have the drive and passion to keep at this, I emerged from my issues and deep depression. I've also found myself 33 pounds lighter.... so far anyway. Still going on it! I've had my health scare and have had my stats checked. I went through some even scarier stuff healthwise with dizzyness issues and also some dire financial problems. Some of these things still need to be resolved fully, but they are on their way to being dealt with. So once the smoke cleared in my head, I emerged realizing I was back to my old self again. I spent a lot of time reconnecting with the hows and whys of what I do and where I want to go next. I've laid out personal plans and goals and I have started moving forward with them. Its been that way for a bit now and I am comfortable saying now that it is likely going to stay that way.

It is with all of this said, that I now annouce to you all that I am 100% back in action. I am now actively working daily on projects and I am now open to freelance work/commissions. For those wishing for info on commissions from me, check out my COMMISSIONS INFO HERE. I will also now be resuming regular plugs and activities on social media. I am also actively making plans for future releases and convention travels. Its all resuming and I'm going full speed ahead.

I am doing this now, fully understanding the notion that I am not 100% out of the woods. This will be an ongoing period of evolution and adjustment. But the important thing I learned in this period of self examination was that when the smoke cleared, I wanted to work again. Its what makes me happiest. Its what I am best at. I spent the last few months drilling down and getting into myself. The root of it all. And it broke me down. The universe has sent me a ton of shit so far this year to show me what I am made of. Stuff that specifically derails me and knows how to do it well. And at one point I yelled back (literally) saying "I'm still here! You can't stop me. You're going to have to kill me to stop me!" And folks, I emerged from the depression that day. The shit was thrown at me, I threw right back. Thats what I needed to do. I got hit, I took it all and I am still standing and still moving forward.

I got your emails, notes, messages and visits. I appreciate everyone and their support. The numbers are still there and they are going to increase very soon. Because not only right now do I announce a return to freelance work, but early November I am launching the Kickstarter for my STARSLAM online graphic novel! I'll give more details later when its appropriate but for now, realize that new things are coming very very soon. More than you know. But I don't want to just sit here talking about it, I want it to be ready to go when you hear about it.

So: Commissions are now open. A perfect holiday gift is the gift of art. I am on a bunch of sketch card sets. I am working on my comics and new prints/table ideas-design for 2015 to hit some more shows. I'm back baby. And its like I never left.

Much love, ADAM T.

2 comments:

Christian Kaw said...

Good to see you're still at it, Adam!

Phymns said...

As if I'd ever quit! I just needed a break, like I said before. But I'm full on now. Fully art erect!