Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Mind Sauce at 10pm

A blog to fill the void.

The Morning Show contest is over. I have recorded my 300th episode and have uploaded it. Thanks to everyone who listen and who entered. It means the world to me that you keep coming back to the podcast and to here, and still care about what I have to say to the world. I hope I entertain you for the brief periods that I am reaching out to you with these things.

I have been emerging from my long summer of woe and I am now creating in the vaccuum again. I know in the end I can emerge next year with new books and a few appearances here and there. But once again it feels lonely. Also coupled with the fact that the wife is gone out of town for the last few and the next few weeks for job training. Man this new company is thorough! And I was told that if she was promoted again to the store manager position that they train them in Arkansas for 12 weeks. Yikes. All for the greater good.

The kids are doing great and Scott seems to be improving with his writing. Cooperation, not so much. Potty training is still an issue. James meanwhile is kicking ass at everything. He says 5-6 word sentances now and its a weird thing to have a kid around who talks and interacts. I'm glad I have that now, even though at times it can be too much. He is so genuinely curious and creative. He creates things on my walls in crayon. Yippie.

All I have before me are plans. Various notes and quick napkin sketches I've made during my "down time" for when I knew I would emerge from the depression cave and into the productive cave. It is quite overwhelming. BUT- a good feeling, to know that I didn't lose the idea that I WOULD emerge. I WOULD come back to it all. I dabbled here and there with things, but nowhere near my usual schedule. I still am not up to 100%. This new life has me adjusting things all over. But I am coping. I'm still in this race.

The dieting is going well. I am now on solid water only and loving it. For a long time I was putting these KoolAid singles packets in every bottle. But today I downed 4 things of water. I'm trying out some various hot teas as well. I'm starting daily treadmill work. Dropping 30 pounds in 3 months is a solid start. But I had the geniune health scare this week and my dizziness continues. Its not so bad today though. I am working on getting my blood pressure numbers back to normal range. It will be an ongoing battle, one I am determined to win.

I got the 2015 and beyond plans written down and a personal goal timeline to do. Off to do it. Thanks for caring folks. I'll be back!

Cheers, T



No comments: