Friday, October 24, 2014

Week's Progress plus STARSLAM IS DONE!

Finally, 6 years after its creation, the art of STARSLAM is finally completed. All 131 pages. Finished. El finito! I finished coloring the last page last night and I cannot be happier with its outcome. Here are some teaser pics of some of the last pages....









Folks, I gotta say I am really really proud of this story. Sometimes while you are making something, it sort of looks odd and not complete. But once its done and coming together as you originally planned it a year or so before on a page, you realize that you were right all along. It really looks fucking amazing. I'm damn proud of this story and the work I did on it.

I'm not done yet though. I still have to put the word balloons on and PDF the last 61 pages. But that should be done very soon. Also soon will be the launch of the Kickstarter for the thing. This will be my first all digital comic push. However there will be a larger tier print version for those who need one. There will be options to get pages of art, do commissioned pieces and stories for the characters and more. I hope to launch that in November so it doesn't interfere with Xmas time.

I created STARSLAM back in 2008 and always intended this thing to be a big graphic novel. It went through many phases from getting rejected by publishers at SDCC 2009, to development hell, to an online webcomic and up till now. Its finally going to see the full light of day and people will see what I've been pushing for all this time. There's no greater feeling for me than that.

SO: This weekend and next week is word balloon time and I'll get this baby in the can. Also while making the Kickstarter and submitting it. Trust me, I'll let you all know when it goes live.

Also this next couple weeks, I am finishing the STAR WARS MASTERPIECES cards I have to finish. I am in the home stretch on those as well. And I gotta say this time folks, there's not really any bad cards in the bunch. I really took my time on these ones. I wanted to stay far enough ahead on them so that I wouldn't be into the last minute rush like I normally do on some card sets. Nothing on this is phoned in... not that I really do that much anyway. But sometimes some cards don't end up being my best. But these new SW cards are really my best work on them. Wait till you see them! I'll share when I am able to, publicly.

COMING UP - I will have a store signing in Lansing. A last minute "cleaning house" of old prints and products. It will be a collectors store here in the west side of the city. A date will be nailed down soon. Probably mid-November. After Starslam is in the can, its full on ANNA POCALYPSE 2. I am really ultimately deciding to save myself some time and just do the book in black and white. Would you folks mind? I have to redo some of the pages I have done as I am changing some characters around and changing some looks here and there. Plus taking another look at some of these pages makes me second guess some artistic decisions I made here and there. Thats a good thing. And during ANNA 2, I am working on four other card sets and a pinup book for con season. Also, designing new table stuff for con season, including a new backdrop. I'll probably auction off my old one when Anna 2 comes out. We'll see.

Anyway folks, HUGE stuff happening in my world. Thats all just the tip. Wait til you feel the full shaft! (ahem. Sorry.)

Cheers, T

1 comment:

Phymns said...

No problem. I tweeted it out to my followers. Good luck on the project. Maybe return the favor when I get mine up and running next month? I'd appreciate it! Cheers!