Sunday, November 02, 2014

Kickstarter Progress....

Hey folks! Man has it been a crazy weekend. I've seen my KICKSTARTER  for the STARSLAM erotica comic not only get funding, but go over THREE TIMES the amount asked for! And its only five days in!!! We broke $1,000 today and I nearly lost my mind. I'm beyond grateful.

I'm punching in the numbers now and it seems that we're in the green when it comes to printing costs. Where I will get nailed is shipping, as I neglected to charge our overseas friends more to ship there. But I am hoping some of the bigger ticket items will soak up some of that cost. No big deal to me. I'm just happy the book is selling and people all over the world want it! I ain't gonna bitch at all about it. I hope it keeps rolling because then I plan to use some funds to print my new prints, get a new backdrop printed for con season and then maybe (possibly, hopefully, willingly) I can pre-pay for some of my convention tables for 2015. We'll see!

To pledge/pre-order your copy (digital or physical) of STARSLAM or to find out more about it, click HERE

STARSLAM is happy with the Kickstarter news!!
This week I got a TON of stuff to get done. I have to get these Star Wars cards done and out the door. Then pull reference for my Marvel card set. I also have to finish pencilling, inking, coloring and lettering the five page bonus for STARSLAM plus a pinup that I offered as stretch goals. I also have to resize the PDFs and make two versions: for the digital copy and for the printing through Greko in Michigan. Also gotta do some minor shopping for some things. And also this week I took on a book cover commission, so I gotta squeeze all this stuff in. Not much time to talk any more here.

Just know that I'm happy. I'm alive and this Kickstarter thing taking off like it has really cements further the idea that when I quit my day job last week to go freelance again, that I made the right choice. Thanks for supporting me and the work I do. Let's keep it rolling!!

cheers, T

No comments: