Tuesday, December 16, 2014

STARSLAM REVIEW (Female Perspective)

Hey folks. Thought I'd share a review I got of STARSLAM from a female reader. While I've got nice comments and notes from everyone, I haven't got a full review except for this one. I had to share it. Its written by Shawn Pfister and you can purchase her new book via amazon right HERE

I am honored she did this because I am always curious how the book reads to everyone out there. And considering STARSLAM is a work of erotica, I wanted to see if I did my job the right way.  Thanks a lot Shawn. It means a lot!

Here is her review of STARSLAM!

-->
                  I backed this Kickstarter rather reluctantly. I have read erotica in the past and have been turned off of it because of the treatment of women as objects there to please the men. I voiced my concerns to Adam before backing and he assured me that nothing would happen, even went so far as to tell me what the worst scenario was (Starslam getting tricked into sex acts that she wouldn’t have performed had she known what was going on) and send me a few pages to prove it. It was refreshing to see that he understood what would make me, as a woman, feel uncomfortable about reading erotica and was quick to quell my fears.
So, I backed the kickstarter, getting myself a shiny new erotica to read on my phone. It turned out to be so much more than a simple story of sex. It’s a wonderful story of a woman discovering herself as a newly-minted superhero and as a sexual being. This being an erotica, her powers are sex based, but, since she is too strong to have sex with normal men, her powers don’t start to manifest until she starts to get busy with some supermen. A fun time is had by all as Starslam discovers her powers, but her character, and those of her fellow heroes, are truly shown when her powers cause harm and destruction.
Overall this felt like Superfriends with sex. Although the characters are less the caricatures of Superfriends and their motives more complex than “I’m the hero, I must be good,” or “I’m the villain, I must do evil,” there is the same format of well-organized group of heroes that are friends verses less-well-organized group of supervillains.
Where this differs from Superfriends is that the characters are all very well-developed. You as the reader get the sense that each of them have a backstory and a personality. Personal depth is built throughout, not just of Starslam, but also of her co-heroes and even the villains. As you read, you really understand character motivation.
There is an innocence to Starslam that does not go away no matter what evils befall her through her own ignorance of her powers or of the result of Mr. Bigg’s evil machinations. She maintains that innocence because he friends are there for her and understand her. There is no judgment in the D.O.E., just unconditional friendship…and a little hanky panky.
Personally, I look forward to the next chapter of Starslam’s development.

No comments: