Thursday, January 08, 2015

Of things to come/COMMISSION SALE!

Hey everyone! Welcome to 2015, world of hoverboards, flying cars and the Cubs winning the world series! Things have been mega-busy in my life. Mostly personal. I haven't put much pen to paper in a bit, other than working on these AVENGERS cards I gotta get done by this weekend. Mostly I've been trying to secure long-term employment in an effort to relocate myself for my wife and I's upcoming seperation. Or do they call it joyously uncoupling now? I forget. Anyway, no worries. Everything is okay and we're very civil to each other. But it is an emotionally heart-wrenching time for all of us here. She's moving on to her life and I am moving on to mine. On my end, I have the greatest disadvantage. I have to secure TWO full time jobs in order to make ends meet. I have no furniture or anything really to start a new life. I got boxes of collectibles and books that isn't worth tossing on ebay, and my clothes. Thats it. So the next coming weeks will be about me trying to make as much money as possible through jobs and freelance work so that I can get some savings built up and get things like a couch, bed and a TV. It will take time.

Wanna help? There's a great way to do it, and just in time for TAX TIME!!!!!! I know you'll start getting your tax returns toward the end of this month. Or maybe your Xmas presents sucked balls. Either way, I am here to help! Help me out and I'll help you out!

I am taking commissions once again. 8x11 is $25. 11x17 is $50. Add $10 for color to each. Anything you want drawn (even nudity... ESPECIALLY nudity!) I can do it! Just hit me with an email at phymns@yahoo.com and we can discuss what you want done. I take paypal and it will all go to help fund my new apartment/life fund! Believe me, I appreciate it. I will also be unearthing sketch cards and AP cards I got laying around and tossing them up for sale. Also I got my STARSLAM books back from the mail. So I will be working on those and mailing all those out after my big move next week or so. And in the coming weeks, I plan to hopefully push for a digital download sale of ALL my comics and artbooks! Look for that in the future. But for now, if you want art, now's the time to order some from me! It would be about a month turnaround time for a piece BTW. Lots to juggle right now, but you would be a priority. Just keep that in mind.

This week I got a night job as a gas station clerk. And I am up for a part time (moving into full time) position at Meijer. I got a few other applications out though, so we'll see where the chips fall. I also found an apartment today. I still have some issues as far as my lease signing goes, but I think that will all be cleared up by Monday at the latest I think. Then next week I gotta help the wife move into her place and I gotta move into mine. Its gonna be a definite juggle, especially with the kids. So BUSY!!!!!!!!!! Its gonna be nutty. But we'll make it and then we're off into the sunset on our new respective adventures. Its exciting, but scary. This will be my first apartment that I've ever lived in, ALONE. I've always had roommates, or relationships to share the space and bills. This time, I'm solo. It will be good for me to rock it solo so I can spend some time getting reaquainted with myself, but also to sort out some things I need to sort out. Also I plan to stay busy with my jobs and artwork. Then I will still see my kids too. Its just a whole different way of doing things. But it will be okay. I know it will be. It kinda sucks because I remember my first apartment with my old buddy Jon. We lived in a 2 bedroom spacious apartment for $595. Now I got a one bedroom place for $575. Of course, that was in 1996 when I had that place, and I do live in our state's capital. But still, interesting... as well as SCARY! I just hope the job situation stays good and I can get ahead on all my bills.

Anyway, thats about it for an update. Next time I update I will be doing so from my new home office. My new home. My home alone. Scary. Exciting. Weird. Sad. Happy. Determined.

Much love to you all, and PLEASE ORDER SOME COMMISSIONS! I can't wait to put lead to paper again. Help me get rolling on it all!

Cheers, T

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's great to see you havent given up on your art!