Tuesday, February 24, 2015

More Late Night Rumblings....

3:30am. Can't sleep. I started to, but ended up tossing and turning. Late night work at the gas station has me a bit haggard schedule-wise. Bored and a bit lonely. Time to talk to you fine folks.

Got a new haircut today. Tried something new, beyond the same haircut I've had for 20 years. I let her choose what to do with my hair. So here is what happened...






At first I hated it. But now I am kinda liking it. I wish the top was just a smidge longer... but it will get there. I rarely get to try out new things. I'm always sorta stuck doing or enjoying the same thing over and over. This week I expressed a true desire to try new things. Foods I've never ate or activities that a year ago woulda scared me to even consider. But now, I'm living a "Why not" type of life. Shall I try a new haircut? Why not?! Just let it happen. Deal with it. Its just hair. It will grow back... mostly!

Its about learning to let go of things you cannot control. You think you want to control everything, but you can't. So once you learn to let things go and disconnect, is the only time you are free. So today I trusted a stranger to just do what she wanted with my hair. I coulda ended up bald or a Mr. T style mohawk. I woulda dealt with it. Change can be embraced and celebrated.

My pal Jay Fosgitt is having a rough time. He got his car totalled by some asshole driver. Jay is fine, but his car is gone. He needs a new one to get to shows to sell his work. We artists live check to check without severence pay or insurance. I can relate to when someone needs help. So if you are in the market for some artwork needed to be done, Jay can do it for ya! Check out his blog HERE to see what you can order and what can be done. For you fans of My Little Pony, he also has original comic pages from that available as well.

I saw the new THAT METAL SHOW episode last night. It had Geddy Lee from RUSH on it. He looked great but pretty much reiterated that this upcoming tour might be the last. My pal Dean scored us tickets to go the show in June. We're high up but who gives a fuck. Its RUSH and we're going! Any seat in the house is a good one. I can't wait.

I've been on a big Beastie Boys kick. Also a love song mix I got on my ipod. I'm hoping my foot heals up soon so I can get back into the gym and hit the treadmill again. I'm still down a ton of weight and I wanna keep going! Stupid foot and the pothole that caused this! Its cutting into my big plans for world domination!!

I got some great things happening this week. Nothing I want to talk about publicly yet. Just things are rolling in my life. Things are making me happy. I'm enjoying myself. And I'm learning to let go and let the winds take me where it feels right to go. I know what I want and what I don't want. And I'll let what happens happen and embrace what comes. But the changes are good and it makes me smile.

Anyway, thats my thoughts this late at night. I hope you folks continue to have a good week!

Cheers, T

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your friend Jay's pain. Keep the faith.