Friday, March 06, 2015

Goddamn ABOUT TIME!

Hey friends!

This is the week where I finally turned it all around and became normal, or even better.. a NEW self again. New standards and habits. I'm speaking specifically about getting my goddamn page work back on track. I haven't been in a steady rhythm of doing comic page artwork in about 3 months now. Lots going on in my personal life and it just derailed me. But this week I sorta forced myself to just sit down and get to work. I work a gas station job from midnight-7/8am here in East Lansing. Our boss says that after our work is done, we can bring things to do. (sweet!) So I started bringing pages. Slowly but surely I got in a rhythm and now I'm up to a page or so a night when I'm working! I've been sharing the progress on my FACEBOOK PAGE if anyone wants to follow along, make with the "Add a Friend." This week I've been working on STARSLAM book #2 pages!!! Check out these pics here:

This is a new character in the book named "BEAR GIRL." She certainly has a journey in this story!

As you can see, the whole gang is back for a second round of fun!

Starslam, in her fighting glory!

A cool shot of Starslam doing some mid-air fighting over a cityscape. I dig the perspective on this one.
Also, I am finally able to get STARSLAM books out to my Kickstarter supporters! I've been signing books and I am waiting for the free mini-print to come back from the printer so I can stuff all the envelopes and mail them off! I have books going all over the USA, Finland, Switzerland, Germany, Australia, the UK and more! Thanks ALL!!!


Once I get the books out to the supporters, I will be throwing it up in the ONLINE STORE here for general sales. Sorry, just have been busy... personal and professional.

In personal news, things are improving greatly. I got my tax return and thats helping some minor things I needed to pay off and get done around here. My foot seems to be healing nicely. I've been walking with a limp for two weeks and I am quite tired of that... and popping 800mgs of Motrin a day to fight the pain! I have been spending a lot of time at my two part time jobs and then spending time with a certain someone who I haven't really talked a whole lot about yet. But I'll share news on that when its proper to do so. You guys know me, I'm like a damn open book. I tell everything and everything I can to you. Its the only way I know how to live my life.

Exciting things on the horizon! My buddy Dean Stahl got us tickets to see RUSH in June. So going to see them again and perhaps for the final time. We'll see. David Gilmour of Pink Floyd has a solo album due this year and beginning to organize a tour. Hoping he comes to the USA. If so, I MUST go to the show! I've been listening to a lot of jazz and Jeff Buckley lately. His album, GRACE, has been constantly spinning here at the home and at work. Necessary. I got Neil Gaiman's new short story book, TRIGGER WARNING, but have yet to be able to start it. Just been busy. No day off! I need the money though, so I don't complain too much about it.

Anyway, I guess thats all I have to tell you fine folks. Thanks for checking back in with me. Lets rock this weekend!

Cheers, T

No comments: