Wednesday, March 11, 2015

New Stuff!

Hey all. Taking a break from a galaxy far far away to do a quick update bloggy blog. Hope all is well.

I'm mailing out STARSLAM books starting this week. So if you ordered one, be sure to look for them cause they are coming soon! Probably a little longer for my overseas friends due to shipping times.

Recently, I've been branching out and trying new things. I get very tired of routine lately and I felt like I wanted to go out and sample more waters of life. So I have tried new restaurants and dishes I've always wanted to try. And here are some pics to share:

My girlfriend introduced me to Sushi. I got a 101 lesson in what stuff was and how to eat it. Even used chopsticks for the first time (yeah, I know!). I really enjoyed the soup. Sushi was okay. I'm not a massive fan of it. But at least I tried it. I've always wanted to. Bucket list, scratch off!

I've also branched out and tried more vegetables. Broccoli and Asparagus, specifically. This is a turkey/spinich meatloaf with mushrooms. Talk about yummy yummy!

I have heard about this place in north town called THE GOLDEN HARVEST. A dive breakfast joint that only seats about 20 people at a time. You stand outside in the cold for about 45 minutes but the food and atmosphere is WELL WORTH IT! I have a new favorite restaurant in town! 

Here is the outside of the place. They pipe music outside to keep you warm while you want for a table to open up.

Inside the walls are covered with little odd trinkets and signs. The music blares loudly. On this occasion when we visited, I heard Radiohead's OK COMPUTER album in full, also Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedys! Fuckin' awesome!!!

Their signs are hilarious and the best!

Their bacon is the thickest I've ever tasted. Very flavorful. Their hasbrowns are mighty and their toast is unlike any other toast I've tried. Kinda greasy and crunchy. I really wish a show like DINERS DRIVE INS AND DIVES would visit the place and show off how things are done!

By our table today, we had some interesting little trinkets to check out...
Here is a youtube documentary about the Golden Harvest restaurant:



Yeah, we should all strive to step out of our routine and comfort zone and try some new things once in a while. I vowed to do something new every week. And so far, I am enjoying the hell out of it! I guess, thats just called... living!

Okay, back to artwork on these cards. Then STARSLAM 2. And working two jobs. And somewhere in there, SLEEP! HA!

Luvs, T

No comments: