Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SOOOOOO Busy.....

Hey all. Sorry I've been so quiet lately. Just BUSY! My dayjobs have increased hours, which is actually really great. I need the money badly. But I get about 4 hours of sleep a day and I am on my feet for about 15-16 hours a day. I get TIRED. But I'm dealing with it.

This week I got a lot done. In addition to working some buttload of hours, I got other things accomplished. Here's some visual highlights....

I signed and sketched ALL sold copies of Starslam and got them all packed up and ready to ship.

I had books literally going all over the world. USA, Switzerland, Finland, Australia, Austria, United Kingdom, Amsterdam and a few other places. Quite insane, but very welcome! Thanks to all who supported the kickstarter!!!

So all the Starslams will be shipped as of tomorrow morning. I had a few last minute details on a couple packages to send off, but they will be happy with them. If you pledged on the Starslam kickstarter, many thanks to you! I hope you think the physical copy was well worth the long wait. And again, sorry for the delays that happened. Never again folks. Never again.

Also this week, I cranked out over 100 cards for another STAR WARS set from Topps. I can't share much about it but I took this pic of one of them....


I do not recommend doing 100 full color cards in one week, ever! I was exhausted by the end of it! Some of the cards ended up not being my best either. Hopefully next set I will have more time on. But its always an honor to be asked. Especially for a card set involving one of my favorite movies of all time!

My girlfriend kept texting me and cheering me on every night to get them done. After the smoke cleared we celebrated. She bought me a bottle of champaigne even!! 

It was yummy!

And the next morning she made me an amazing breakfast! I've actually never ate an omlette before. I know. But I usually stick to standard eggs, bacon, toast. It sucks for me cause I'm used to being the star cook in my life. But I've been de-throned! Hard to be mad when the food is sooooo good!


I've barely been home in the last couple weeks. Today I got the day off and I am just catching up on sleep, taking care of paperwork and just relaxing. I'm gonna take a nap and spend the night working on stuff. But I thought I'd check in with you folks and let you know how well things are going. I will say now that the dust has settled on cards and some paperwork I've been working on, I am back to working on Starslam 2 pages. I inked some last night and pencilled two others. So progress is flowing. I'm hoping to finish it by the fall and get a kickstarter rolling for it. But no rush if I am not feeling it. But I got a GREAT rhythm going right now and I want to keep it flowing.

Hope all is well in your lives! Cheers, T

No comments: