Sunday, May 03, 2015

FCBD and CAP CITY COMIC CON Wrap Up

Hey all! What a weekend! I worked both jobs, and then did TWO comic related signing appearances. I'm on 3 hours of sleep and super exhausted! But I'd remiss if I didn't take this spare 30 minutes I got right now and do a quick recap of my signing appearances this weekend.

On Saturday, I was at Clem's Comics in downtown Lansing for FREE COMIC BOOK DAY. I think this was my 5th year out for it. I set up around noon and was busy until about 4pm. I drew a crapload of sketches for people, sold a lot of cards and books and my voice and hands hurt after my shift was over!

Sketchin' is hard work!

My favorite sketch request: Spock and Kirk with tribbles. Much fun!

FCBD went great and I sold some good stuff. Thanks to Clems and their staff for having me out yet again. It was great to see everyone again and hope to do it next year if they'll have me!

Then Sunday, I went to the first ever CAPITAL CITY COMIC CON. Everyone on the staff was friendly and accommodating. I look forward to the show's growth as time goes on. But it wasn't bad at all! I made some sales, hung out with friends and got to check out a nice art collection! Here's a Mike Wieringo piece he had:  


And of course I had the best table helper in the world...


After I sell books, sign all the boobies in the line up, I gotta get my interview on.... 


So yeah, BUSY weekend! And you know what else? At my night job I even squeezed in some page work on Pleasant Life 2! Here's a peek...


Thanks to all who came out to see me this weekend. Thanks to my pals for making it fun and special thanks to my booth-babe! ;)

Cheers, T

No comments: