Tuesday, June 16, 2015

RIP Art Desk, RUSH and Job Woes

Hey friends. Welcome back. First up, some pics of my old friend who is now gone to that great dumpster in the sky. From around 2004-2015, I had an L shaped desk that I used as my primary art and computer table. It went through lots of hell and several moves across the state to the various places I've lived in the last 11 years. At one point a year ago, I broke it down to just one part and threw the rest away to make room for a new stand up and slanted art table... which later broke cause it was a cheap piece of shit! So I kept the last bit as my art table/computer table. It was loud and squeeky. Those who follow my MORNING SHOW PODCAST will recognize its squeek in the background. But no more. I tossed it in the trash because my GF and I are sharing her desk. Its brand new and will serve me well. But I had to document my final moments with my old faithful. Here's some pics.

Here she is. Last time together.

Among the scratches is some scratched in graffiti! Twisted Sister represent!

A close up of the damage done over the years.
So in the trash it went. Out with the old. Ready for the new. But I will miss her.

This week I had a job interview for a place I REALLY wanted to work. It woulda fit in well with my lifestyle needs and woulda paid me great. I didn't get called back for the second interview. I was very bummed to say the least. I've been running myself ragged working 70 hour weeks at two jobs and I woulda very much enjoyed some stability, along with nice pay and benefits. I got very angry and hurt and I feel trapped by time and my circumstances. But an old friend reached out to me and gave me some much needed words of encouragement. He said that I should use this as more "FUCK YOU FUEL" to fuel my drive to do art and make that my life. He's right. I often lose sight of those things I am truly meant to do. The temptation of wanting a big nice house with big nice things to collect dust just sometimes gets the better of me and I don't realize how great I've got it. I've hit a nice stride in my productivity and my new art and projects are even better than what I've done before. I'm reaching out and hitting the road more, with plans to go even bigger into it with 2016 coming around. I'm finally loose to go get what I've earned. I can't let things like what others THINK I should be doing or earning at my age sway me. I gotta take a shot. Now or never. I'm sorry I lost sight of that. So I shall work my jobs, work my books and be patient. Cause the shot is coming. And I'm going to take it.

Anyway, on to some funner things! I saw RUSH this week for possibly the last time. It was a great show and I had a great time! Here are some pics:

Before the show. Our seats were high up, but in the Palace, any seat is good.

The three stooges are ready for some rock and/or roll!

My pics from our location suck balls. So here's the only thing I can share.

My pics sucked so here are some other pics of the show I got from online: 


The master!

I was excited to hear them do "Roll the Bones." A closet favorite tune of mine.






All in all, a great weekend. Some ups and downs, but we're headed upward. I got a 70 hour work week starting in an hour so I am gonna head out. And rest assured at the night job I'll be penciling away at my new shit. I'm making it happen. Just you watch me go.

Cheers, T

No comments: