Sunday, July 12, 2015

Big Bloggy Blogggggg

Hey friends! I just got off another set of four 16 hour days, and man am I tired! But I have been meaning to post here all week, so I got lots of stuff to talk about. Lets begin!!

1- My old college newspaper, CM LIFE, contacted me a couple weeks ago and did an interview with me. They used to cover my stuff back in the ol' college days, so it was nice to hear from them again and do a follow up with me! In it I discuss my various works and then talk a little bit about PLEASANT LIFE 2... the sequel I am working on and slated to be finished early 2016. To read the interview, click HERE - Thanks CM LIFE for talking with me again!

2-I still got two more convention appearances coming up in 2015, all in Michigan. One is on September 25th in Taylor, MI. Its called the MICHIGAN COMIC EXPO. A nice one day show that should be low key and fun. The other is GRAND RAPIDS COMIC CON taking place on Oct 16-18th. Both should be great times. More details on these shows in the coming weeks, but you heard it here first. After these, I should be done for the year.

3-STARSLAM 2 NEWS: Things are progressing on the book. I think I just crossed the 85th page mark on art. I just got done inking a big fight scene, so its really gonna be a happening. I wish I could share some pics (and I will) but at "press time" for this blog, I got nothing. But two potential covers have been drawn and I got pinups galore as well. So great progress is being made. In fact, for those that follow me on Facebook and Twitter got a treat this last week... I wrote and revealed the plot outline blurb for the sequel. Check it out:

Its my goal to have the Kickstarter launched for the book by October 15th, so I can advertise it at Grand Rapids Con. We shall see. But the book will be out no later than Dec/January. Then all efforts move on to...

4-PLEASANT LIFE 2 NEWS: No new pages yet, but the plan is to crank on it in between Starslam 2 pages and then go full speed ahead on finishing it by May of 2016, so I can have it ready for convention season. Its a great story and I can't wait for people to see it. I think this one has far more heart than the first books. You'll see!

5-SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2015 -- SDCC time is tough for me because I greatly desire to visit there again. In fact, I am driven to make a potential 2016 trip a major priority. But the news this year has been great. The trailers for Batman V. Superman, Suicide Squad and the Star Wars footage looks great. So as depressing as it is to not be there with my friends, I enjoy watching their fun they post about. I am gonna make it back next year, come hell or high waters. I love San Diego. Maybe it will be my treat for busting ass for a year and a half. A nice celebration of hard work and dedication to my work and getting things in order in my life. Seems fair, right? Let's make it happen.

6-2016 CONVENTION PLANS -- I finally got a final design done for my new convention table layout and pricing plans. New backdrops, risers, displays and new products! Its gonna take a lot of time to finish and some scratch to get it done. But I am confident that I will get it done in time. I'm excited about it. I keep staring at my sketches for it and I cannot wait to start on it. Its gonna look great. Like my stuff always should have been looking like at shows. Very professional and fun. I'd share pics but... spoilers! You'll have to find me on my 2016 tour to see it! Dates coming later on. Lets get through 2015 first! But just wanted you guys to know that I'm thinking ahead to what is to come.

7-SKETCH CARD NEWS: I'm working on a new Star Wars set that coincides with "The Force Awakens." I cannot show pics yet but I will soon. My last set I did for Topps is out and you can go get the cards on the shelves and aftermarket right now. Go to Ebay and do a search for my name to see them. Enjoy!

8-Lastly, I wanted to share some more recent pics and let you know that as much as I am working my ass off, I still get some time to see my boys. They came up earlier this week and I took them to the park. I got ate alive by the mosquitos, but it was worth it.
James and I sit and watch some cartoons and he digs on some Chocolate Milk!

Here's little James enjoying a bug ride.


Busy Bees!


While we were at the park, nature decided to come say hi!
In my efforts to eat healthier, I've been eating lots of this. Rice, Grilled Chicken, Peppers, Squash, Asparagus. YUM!

Lastly, here's a pic leftover from GRASP EXPO.
So yeah. Busy and fun times. I don't think I've ever been this busy and productive all at once. I've caught a wave for the last 5 months and I've never been more happy about it. Things are rolling into the new phase and I cannot wait to show you all what I'm doing. You're going to get sick hearing about me!

Anyway, thanks for checking back. I'll share Starslam 2 and Pleasant Life 2 pics soon!

Cheers, T

No comments: