Friday, July 17, 2015

Big Changes - Big Opportunity

Hey friends! Thanks for checking back. Doing another blog via my phone so please forgive any mistakes I type.

I had a crazy week. 75 hours of work and two job interviews. The first was at a cinema. I was excited for it. The best job I ever had was working at the cinema. But right away in the interview I got bad vibes. It was little pay and I would need OPEN availability. Sure, I coulda started part time (again) and worked my way up the ladder. But im 37 years old with a degree and experience out the wazoo. Plus, IM AN ARTIST!!! Id just be settling in a safe zone. I wouldnt be expanding or taking what Risks I felt I could take on.

Anyway, second interview was for a print shop here in Lansing. Sounded very interesting and certainly in my field. I had the interview and instantly liked everything about it, the people and the opportunity it presented. Hours later, I was offered the job and I gladly took it. It gave me so much pride to turn in my notice at Meijer and know that I am moving on to greater things. Things related to my field, things I am good at and things that make me happy.

I feel like I was taught a lesson that day. I cannot shoot backwards. I cannot take safe and small routes  from my past. I need to be bolder and branch out and actually take what I know I am worth. We often settle for the safe comfy places. It serves us better to be bold and soar higher.

This new job will have its challenges. It will be a juggle of a different type. But its one I am 1,000% ready for. I have ideas and dreams on how to make this place everything it can be. And what it can do for me, is equally exciting. In many ways, it is everything I have been looking for all my life. I cannot wait to start on Monday.

Of course, for a while, I will continue to work two jobs to make ends meet and save money for my future. But the plan is at some point in the future I will just have the one job. My real career. Centered around art, my first love. Im extremely grateful for the opportunity to prove myself at this place.

I thank everyone for thier thoughts, likes and well wishes over this. This whole year has been a transition period for me. I feel like the last six months at Meijer were some of the most difficult Ive ever faced. I worked two jobs while trying to deal with everything I had on my plate. It kept me paid and sane. But I soon woke up and realized that I am worth more and I should strive for it. I wanted to branch beyond a simple cashier and find my true calling. I knew what it was and I searched for it. It found me. the last six months Ive been in the crystlis taking care of my little baby soul. And now im emerging and getting ready to soar!! (And in more ways than one!)

Life hands you a lot of things. But if you know what you are worth, go out there and get it! Cause its out there. Do it.

Onward and upward! Soar!!

T

No comments: