Friday, July 03, 2015

Personal Life Goings On...

Hey all! Gonna attempt a blog from my phone again, so forgive any spelling errors I have. (Big fingers, small phone keyboard!)

First of all, thanks for checking the site after my appearance at GRASP EXPO. I had a blast at the show and a nice spike in readership. I appreciate it. Secondly, I will say I got two shows coming up in the fall. A one day show in September, and a three day show in October. It feels good to get back out on the road again. Im selling off all my old stuff this year to fund my 2016 revamp of booth set from books to backdrop. All funds go to that and I appreciate it. But more on those shows later.

Today I want to discuss some health stuff. Longtime readers of the blog here know that my weight has been a continuing issue. Last year in July, I quit soda. I was eating healthier and I was hitting the treadmill pretty steady. I dropped from 372 to 330. I was feeling great! Well, around December, my marriage imploded and I found that I just couldnt eat for almost two weeks. I had to force myself to eat and drink. I just couldnt focus on it. When I came to in January, I was at 318. So depression helped me drop an additional 12 pounds!! (I wouldnt recommend it as a diet plan though!) I started hitting the gym again but then had a toe injury that put me out for three weeks. I could barely walk. I found myself in a position of not finding a decent paying job so I had to get two part time jobs. Im still looking for that pie in the sky job that will pay me decently and allow me time to you know, sleep, see my kids more, etc. But in working these two jobs, on four hours of sleep, my lack of caffiene was becoming an issue. So like an idiot, I put the spike in ny veins and had a coke. Then another. And another. And here it is, July, and i was back on my old daily regimine of five-eight sodas a day. Also for some reason I became a sugar and dorito junkie. I barely ate that crap before. I fell off hard!

Today I weigh 330. Bot bad, considering all the junk and fast food Ive ate since February. But still im not headed to where I need to be. I watched a documentary called FED UP the other day and was inspired to try this NO SUGAR lifestyle. So I started it three days ago. I quit soda again and stopped the snacking. I filled up on veggies and fruits from the local markets and am making it a good shot toward where I need to be. Its been rough going, but Im coming along. Working two jobs dont allow much time for exercise, but being on my feet all day certainly helps. My knees are hurting and my feet are sore as fuck everyday. But I know it will get easier.

I share all of this because I know many of you were following my weight loss progress last year and kept me inspired. I never forgot. I just had to clear some cobwebs out of my little baby soul as I healed with everything life has thrown at me the last year. But there comes a time where you wake up and stop being the victim and you know that you are in control. And thats what I got going on now. Im awake and i am on the right path again.

Anyway, the work continues! Im doing sketch cards and commissions this week. Also more Starslam 2 pages. Ive caught the wave folks. And im enjoying it. Onward and upward!! Professionally and personally.

Luvs, T

No comments: