Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Batgirls and Bob Dylan

Yyvonne Craig is gone. That sucks man. Not only did I enjoy her as Batgirl, but in the Star Trek episode: "Whom Gods Destroy" she played a psychopathic killer/green slave girl vixen. She wasnt a damsel in distress. Yyvonne Craig kicked ass. I was at the comic store the other day and was jonsing to try something new. I saw a Batgirl trade, the New 52 one by Gail Simone. I got it purely because of my affection for the character. Ive never read a Batgirl comic before. Im way overdue. But I gotta think that I picked that book up partly because of my affection of 1960s Batgirl. I also loved her in one of my favorite Don Knotts movies: How to Frame a Fig. But we need more actresses like Yyvonne Craig was. A definite hero to many and she will be missed. My heroes are slowly leaving me folks. That blows.

Im stuck at my overnight job right now listening to Bob Dylan. Always gets me somber and sober. I got about 15 albums sitting on my iphone mix wanting me to listen and digest them. Bob Dylan's music has this unique power of taking me back through my life amd make me think of people, places or times that Ive lived through. It reminds me how grateful I am to be here right now. It helps me reflect on what got me here. But it also makes me wonder where Im going. Everything is on an upswing lately and I have no odea when it will level off. I dont want it to. Ive had enough heartache for one year. I just want time and quiet to live and get things I want done to line up.

Im looking over the new Starslam pages after I scanned them in this week and man am I proud of these. This little smutty book has kept me together the last few months. It has been a great anchor for me. I cant wait to finish it. Only 45 pages to go. Give me a week or two on that!

Oh well. These are random late night thoughts. Thanks for the indulgence.

Cheers, T

No comments: