Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Good Weekend!

Hey friends. Up at 3am after a weird night of stomach issues. I'll try to sleep again in a bit, but I thought I'd try a blog to get my eyes tired again.

I dug through my beloved comp here to get rid of files I no longer need for various reasons. The little things that always need to be done. I've tried to enjoy myself this past weekend on top of all the working, kids at the house and artworking. The art Gods blessed me with being able to pencil 8 pages in two days. I'm just about done inking them. I am on page 105 of STARSLAM 2. I have about 45 pages to go. I just mapped out the rest of the page count, so I am looking really good. Since I got so productive, I decided to sit and tackle some music and movies I keep putting off. I dissected some albums on my iphone that just need my sit down full attention. Some good shit like the newest Transatlantic and Royal Blood. Then I decided to dig into Sherlock season 3. However, I realized that I had already watched it last year! I simply had forgotten. I was proud of myself that I was ahead and didn't realize it. So instead I watched a documentary on The Eagles on Netflix. Enjoyable. I've always liked that band. They remind me of my Uncle Richard. Rest in peace, Smitty.

I reserved my hotel for Grand Rapids Con. I'm 100% locked in on that show and the Taylor show in September. I dropped off my new 11x17 prints at The Record Lounge in East Lansing. They sell my prints and my half goes to my vinyl addiction. Its a fair trade, wouldn't you say? So go there to get them! My son is coming up on the 4-6th for us to go to this Video Game convention together. I'm excited to spend a weekend with him. Time and recent events have kept us apart for too long. But that will be fixed soon. I had a job interview a week ago. I went to a second interview. I should know this week if I got the gig or not. If I got it, it would work around my current graphics job, which is a definite plus! No more overnight gigs at the gas station. I'm kinda done with that place anyway. While its great cause the work is easy and I can draw pages there, its sort of dangerous. And with the drunk college kids returning, I'm not looking forward to the hassle of the idiots. Plus, its a 20 minute drive there and 20 minutes back. Less on gas and wear and tear on my beloved 1996 Bat Blazer. We'll see what happens, fingers crossed.

I finally bought some new vinyl records. A Clockwork Orange Soundtrack, U2 Joshua Tree and Joe Jackson Stepping Out. I'm overdue for buying some new stuff. A friend gave me some Parliament and a George Harrison on vinyl too. I got the urge to go get some more blu rays, but really I don't have much time to sit and enjoy movies like I used to. My girlfriend and I try to sit and enjoy a movie now and then but her tastes and mine sometimes don't mix. Its a good thing cause we are comfortable liking what we like and don't give the other person shit for their tastes. But we both love horror movies and Halloween season is coming up.

In the next couple weeks, I gotta get my kids some school clothes and supplies. We all have our own thing going and that is great. I feel like I got a million things going on, but isn't that always the case? I often wonder if the word "retirement" is in my vocabulary. Probably not. I think I prefer it that way. I'd love to die at my art table with a pencil in my hand. I don't have an art table right now, so that dream is a bit of a ways off. First I need to get us a new bed. Then an art table. If I score this new job, I am promising myself a Cintiq for my hard work. Maybe eliminate the use of paper all together. Wouldn't that be nutty?

I'm late night rambling now. Best try to re-hit the hay. Thanks for reading folks. Have a great week. No, MAKE it a great week! You got the power to get that done. Go make it happen. No one hands you shit in this life. You make it happen.

Cheers, T

No comments: