Monday, August 24, 2015

Starslam 2, Con News, Pics, Website thoughts and More

Hey folks, BIG Blog today. Thought I'd keep you in the loop on some things. Plus share some new exciting STARSLAM 2 page progress shots and some pics of my boys and I. So lets hop to it!

1-CON NEWS: Unfortunately the September 26th show in Taylor is cancelled. I guess the promoter lost the venue that the show was going to be at and so the show had to be cancelled. Its a bummer, but it will be on for next year. But that's okay, it gives me more time to focus and prepare for the upcoming GRAND RAPIDS COMIC CON going on Oct 16-18th. I reserved my hotel and I am locked in, baby! The show is at the DeVos Center in downtown Grand Rapids and is sure to be a happening. For more info on the show, visit their website right HERE

2-PODCAST: I'm still doing Idiothead Morning Show podcasts via Itunes! You can subscribe and download via Itunes by doing a search for IDIOTHEAD, or stream/download them right HERE

3-WEBSITE: I am planning an overhaul to the website here. I was thinking of moving to an entirely new server and trying some new approaches, even possibly a new URL, but I am not sure on the subject. I've been with Freeservers for several years now and its working quite well. I only pay $50 for the year and its been good. But I am mulling around ideas. Change is in the air! If you think there's something my website here is lacking and you'd like to see it, feel free to EMAIL ME HERE and give me your thoughts. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has.

4-STARSLAM 2! - Holy crap folks. We're rolling right along. I'm into the final battle pages and they are gonna be doozies. I'm gonna share some of the non-spoilery pics here for you. Here's some pencils with some inks:

Pencils on a page.

Double page splash being inked...

The girls getting ready for some action!
As you can see, everything is up a notch. Trust me, there's MUCH more to come! Hope you enjoyed what you see here so far. (heh heh)

5-CONVENTION PRINTS! I've finished work on all my new 11x17 prints and I am taking them to Grand Rapids Comic Con with me. However if you are in the Lansing area and need some of my art now, stop by THE RECORD LOUNGE in East Lansing and you can score some there! Check it out:





They are gracious enough to allow me some wallspace to sell my wares. There are other local artists' stuff up too. Plus GREAT vinyl selection! Check them out on Facebook right HERE - Please go and support local art and music!

6- It's been a while since I shared some pics of my boy James (who turns 3 in a few days!!!!!). So here's some home pics I thought I'd share:

James LOVES my homemade chicken n' dumplings and Mashed Potatoes. Gloria's Dumplings live on!

I gave myself a shave and a haircut. Got rid of the Van Dyke and just went with a Goatee from now on. HOT!
Lastly, I thought I'd share a few warm up head sketches I did the other night. Here ya go:





So there ya go! Thanks for reading folks. Have a good week!

Luvs, T

No comments: