Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Motorhead/Anthrax Concert and STARSLAM 2 pics!

Hey friends. Coming off my last week at the gas station job and moving into the new graphics job. I start today and im pretty jazzed to get things rolling. I was able to take a night to myself and catch a concert with my pal Robert. We saw MOTORHEAD/ANTHRAX/CROBOT. It was a great show all around!

Opening band: CROBOT. I never heard them before and they put on a nice performance. The lead singer looks exactly like Russell Brand! (I'm sure he gets that a lot) They sound like a sexier, funkier Rage Against the Machine. 

Anthrax takes the stage and immediately there is a huge mosh pit right in front of me. It was an intense performance. I've never seen anything like it. What I liked was when people fell in the pit, everyone scrambled to pick them back up. It wasn't about beating each other up or kicking someone's ass, but simple aggression release. It was great to see. Man, can Anthrax put on a show. Holy crap! 

The mighty Motorhead takes the stage. Mikky Dee's drum solo was out-fucking-standing! The dude is a monster. And Lemmy sounded good, all things considered. He joked around with the band and the audience. Glad to see he was in good spirits. 
I'm glad I went to the show. I met some cool people in line and chatted with a few others. Glad to see us old fogies of rock and roll still get along and still have an outlet for the music we like. I also saw some teens there moshing along. It was good to know that Metal still lives in the hearts of the young!

In the middle of me working, art on STARSLAM 2 continues. I just finished page #130 and I got about 15 more pages of art to go! Its actually grown bigger than my initial plans! But thats okay. As I was going along, I just found places that I could flesh out the story more and make each character involved have their own specific moments. There's lots of sexy time in the book and a treasure trove of pinups too! I'm gonna see if anyone wants to contribute a pinup to the book very soon. So if you are an artist and are interested in doing a pinup for the book, hit me up and in exchange, I'll give you a free digital download copy of the book and credit inside!

Anyway, here's a look at some of the more recent-ish pages:

Some enemies come back! 

This is what you call the "Oh Shit" moment of the book! Wait till you see the next page!!! 

Man Superior has his own unique journey this time around! 

Round two of the biggest fight ever! 

Possible cover idea?
All in all, its shaping up quite nicely. I hope to have the art done and coloring started come October 1st. Its gonna be a race to get things done, thats for sure. I hope to launch the Kickstarter around October, and have the book done in December... smut just in time for Xmas!!!

I suppose thats it for now. Don't forget to mark your calendars for October 16-18th where I will be at the GRAND RAPIDS COMIC CON! Its gonna be a blood orgy!

Cheers, T

No comments: