Saturday, September 26, 2015

Rampin' Up

Hello my little droogies! How has your week been? Its been a while since I posted. Only get to do maybe once every two weeks or so. Times are a little quieter around Castle Adam and thats a good thing. I'm well adjusted into my new job and schedule and its much much much better for me for a variety of reasons.... especially my sleep schedule! No more overnights jocking the register to drunk college kids. I don't miss it at all. I'm enjoying getting up early every morning, getting breakfast and then getting work done everyday. Staying super productive, no matter what. Then going to bed at a decent hour and sleeping in my own bed, instead of grabbing 20 minutes here and there at the gas station! HA!!

One downside is that I have about 15 pages left to go on Starslam and haven't got them done yet. I got my new STAR WARS cards all pencilled and inked and they need coloring. My whole day during the week and Saturdays are monopolized by my jobs and my Sundays are for my kids and unwinding. Right now I am in the post production stage of the art. Which is digital clean up and then coloring. Then lettering and PDFing. I hope to get a real good jump on it before my self imposed deadline for the launch of my Kickstarter campaign for it. Then you're gonna get a ton of blogs and postings. You'll get sick of me! So I'm trying to hang back. Plus I got the Grand Rapids Comic Con coming up. Just the calm before the storm, I say!

I'm already looking ahead to the holiday season. Something I've always wanted to do is throw a costume party at my house. And thats something I think we're gonna try to do this year. I wanna go all out for this Halloween season and have some fun. Plus I'm looking forward to a huge Thanksgiving meal with my boys and some football. Then Christmas... ah, Christmas. December is a very tough month for me for a variety of reasons. Too many bad memories have happened during that month. In a month that should be a jolly time, for me, its insanity. But this year, I want to try to rekindle the magic of my youth and have one slam bang great fucking Christmas. I might even treat myself to some shit I've had on my wish list for years! We'll see. But right now I got a list going for the people in my life. Lots of thank you's to send out. I just want to enjoy the Holidays this year. I've got a lot to celebrate and I want to start with that.

Life is going really great for me right now. Great jobs. Great art-working. Great life. I'm really proud of how far I've come and what I earned for myself. A while ago this moment seemed very far away. I went back last week and re-read some of my blogs from this past year and man did I have a journey! Even things I forgot about. But here I am and I'm damn proud of that. I say that with no ego, mind you. Its been a doozy. Seems like I've done a lot of living in a few months! But its all come together nicely. Almost calculated like I knew what I was doing! I didn't. I just made shit happen. And I am continuing to do so.

We got big things coming on the horizon. Digital release of my comics. T-shirts. Starslam 2. Pleasant Life 2. The Vinyl Girls Pinup book. 2016 convention season with new convention table setup. (and FINALLY) The release of two of my novels I've been talking about. Thats all coming! By this time next year, you will see all of that available. Its about time.

Its been a long hard road out of Hell. But one that was well worth it.

Onward and Upward!

---T-Dizzle

No comments: