Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Updates and Good News All Around

Hello friends! Sorry for the couple weeks of silence but I wanted to sort of put my head to the grindstone and get things done around Castle Adam. There's tons of new things to discuss and some cool pics to show off. Let's get started!

First off, I got another new job! I will now be working at TWO graphic design outlets. One in the morning, one at night. So officially after this week, I am retiring from register based customer service. And it couldn't come sooner! I've jocked registers since I was 16. And when I found myself up shit creek earlier this year, its the first place I turned to. I had to because my resume looked like Dresden, but also because it was comfortable and familiar. But slowly I got this sinking feeling that I have grown beyond basic customer service. The gripes and drunks got more and more annoying and the crazy hours they wanted just was too much on my plate. Also I was repeatedly treated like crap and like I ultimately didn't matter. But I survived and kept applying and finally found two places to call home, where my skills can be used and in an adult fashion. I am beyond thrilled and excited for the opportunities both of these jobs present me. Its in my field of art and both are going to expand my knowledge into the next phase.

Of course, with this I lose my overnight job where I was able to work on comic pages. So that will present a challenge. I will need to fight for extra time to get page work in. So I will have to be very choosy when it comes to commission work for a while. Good thing I am about 3/4ths done on STARSLAM 2 art! I am gonna bust ass all this week on that book and the new Star Wars card set I am on in an effort to stay ahead of the game. No dilly-dallying around. This week is nothing but hardcore work! I'm fighting to stay on schedule here! So expect no delays.

This weekend was a special one beyond it being Labor Day weekend. I got my oldest son Cody for a nice long visit. I hadn't seen him in months due to many factors but I hope I made up for it. I got him things for school and we even went to a video game convention called RANDOM BATTLE CON. There we played a few cool games but the best was this game called NIDHOGG. I love it. Here's father and son at the gaming con (photo courtesy of Joe at migeekscene.com)


The dude is 6"1"!!!! How did he shoot up that tall? I have no idea. But anyway we had a great weekend and I am glad to have spent more time with him this week. He starts his Sophomore year in high school (GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!) and he is studying hard to get college classes done early and go into Video Game developing. We're planning a trip to PAX maybe next year or the year after so he can soak up some more of that world. Least I can do to help him set out on the path he wants to go on. I'm looking forward to it.

I spent some time with my girl too as we both have been working lots of hours and only see each other in passing. We hit the beach and then some nice breakfast at our favorite spot: GOLDEN HARVEST!

OUCH! The sun hurts my pure white skin!!

Being at the beach rocks. 

BACON GALORE at the Golden Harvest! 

I can never get tired of this place! (Turner St in Old Town Lansing. GO THERE!) 
I also spent a few hours with my pal Dean and we watched some MST3K. It was a much needed weekend of laughs and relaxing. I've really been working super hard for the last few months and I deserved a break. This week I end my career as a cashier and begin next week at the two graphics places. Sundays with my boys. They start school today as well. I'm thrilled at the changing of the seasons and times are advancing. Things are happening. It feels good!

IT's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!! The Lions are looking good. I gotta get an antenna for my TV as we don't have cable at home. Sundays will be football and being with my boys. I can't wait!

Don't forget! October 16-18th, I will be at Grand Rapids Comic Con in artist alley. I will be premiering all my new 11x17 prints at the show. If you want to score them early, go to THE RECORD LOUNGE in East Lansing, MI to buy them from there and support my vinyl habit! Hopefully in October my Kickstarter for STARSLAM 2 will launch as planned. But more on that later. Let me get it done first!

There are many other things buzzing in my life but thats all I can think of right now. Thanks for reading my update and I hope you guys have a good week. I'll come back soon to let you know more about the new job and more Starslam 2 goodness. But for now, its time to put my head back down to the grindstone and get this shit done!

Cheers, T

No comments: