Tuesday, October 20, 2015

STAR WARS and some other stuff

Hey my friends!~

By now the world is freaking balls about the new STAR WARS trailer. I know I am. (BTW, you can see it HERE. I see all my friends my age all having very strong reactions to it. For decades we've dreamed up the post-Jedi lives of Luke, Han, Leia... now we're gonna get a definitive screen version. Cool thing too is we have book and comic versions. Its like, pick your own story choice. Same with TREK. How Kirk died in the flicks but was resurrected in the books? Yeah, its just a good time to be a geek. I haven't bought any tickets yet, but I will at some point.

As a person who has the privilege to work on Star Wars card art for TOPPS, I get very excited at the possibility of drawing new characters or old characters with new looks and costumes. The force will indeed be strong with all of us. I cannot wait to see how it call unfolds. Its nice to be a very tiny part of it.

I gathered my thoughts from the events of this past weekend at Grand Rapids Con and I am looking into 2016 to see how I can make the most impact with my work. Streamlining things will be a major key. I will put a lot of feelers out and see what the possibilities are. I do want to try an erotica show, a horror show and a small press focused show. Just to see where the next step would be for me. Comic shows are great but too broad for me to make the impact I would like to make at it. So while I continue to carve out my corner of the nerd world, I intend to reach out to more sources to make new friends and fans of my stuff. So expect some new appearances along with some old ones from me next year.

I'm working hard to get STARSLAM 2 done in time for printing. It will not be done in time for the Kickstarter launch next week but its coming along. We will be shooting a video this week and getting it all set up to launch. The end is almost here! STARSLAM 2 is coming, finally! Hey, I'm not fucking around over here! (Just drawing people doing that!)

My thoughts are growing in anticipation to get to work on Pleasant Life 2 again. There are still a few things to flesh out as far as minor scenes here and there, but the meat of the piece is all in the script and first 40 pages I have drawn for it. It feels good to hang with the gang again.

Well, I got a long day of work staring at me. I best be getting ready to head in. Thanks for checking back!

Cheers, T

No comments: